Thursday 25 April 2013

Midnight in the Bayou and Fire and Ice - Cardinals in Winter

I have added two more pictures of my fabric art to the "Art Galley".  I hope you enjoy them.

I have to say that the picture of "Midnight in the Bayou" does not do it justice, but I have tried to bring out the colours as best I could.  This is one of those things that must be seen to appreciate it.

Fire and Ice was the first large piece that I worked with, and it was a challenge.  It took about 25 hours to sew on all of the beads.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen,
    Your work is fabulous! I knew as soon as you bought that first serger (way back when) that you would find yourself into something involving sewing and fabric, but never dreamed it would be something as beautiful as this. Congratulations!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marilyn. Believe it or not, that serger was purchased more that twenty years ago and still works well. I'm having lots of fun with this and still have about 30 more pieces to add. I'm also in "4 at a time mode, so I have 4 new pieces waiting to be finished in the next couple of weeks. Take care. Colleen

    ReplyDelete