Tuesday 9 February 2016

For The Newest Angel In My Life

Fashion Design in Miniature

 For those of you who have been wondering what I've been doing these last couple of months......

Our youngest granddaughter was christened on Sunday, and here is the dress I made for her, almost completely by hand, as she is so dainty.

The lace is a  heavy french silk lace, and all of the applique was individually cut out and sewn on by hand.  There are over 400 pearls and crystals on the dress, and you can see the silk headband hanging on the hanger.

She was a perfect jewel throughout the entire process, and looked like the little princess she is.  I don't expect that this will last however, but one can always hope.  The dress took me about two months to make, while living my life, and it is now time to start more fabric art.

Look forward to some new wolves, and landscape pieces, and perhaps some new Asian pieces as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment